Tuesday, May 12, 2009

it has been a whirlwind of activity....

around these here parts......
We celebrated Miss Tatum's second birthday on Saturday with a cowgirl themed party.
(remember my invitations from an earlier post?.. well, I found these 'wanted' posters and we hung them up around the house.. totally cute.).
she just happened to climb up on this horse of Brig's. actually all the kids found this to be a fun activity. it is too bad, that I didn't actually have a horse to ride. Don't you know I thought about calling my friend Ann, who has horses and asking her to bring over a pony to ride... perhaps not for a 2 year old's party.... I have had requests for a cowboy party for 'when I turn six' from Brigham.. so we shall see. love this picture of her
and just having some fun with this one. I found this adorable Ralph Lauren dress a couple months ago, and knew I had to have it.
I had wanted to order boots online, but never got around to it. Just on a whim, Friday night, I ran into Once Upon a Child, (which I never go to... sorry, I just can't bring myself to buy used clothes when Target and Macy's have such good deals on kids clothes.).
BUT... they had one pair of these... and in her size!!


she thought she was pretty hot stuff, prancing around in them. I think they are pretty darn cute too.


Here is the birthday girl w/ daddy as he was saying the prayer. oops, caught her w/ her eyes open! But she has always been our 'AMEN' girl... so she didn't fail us with her big grin and her 'AHHHHMEN"



Here is Ta Ta and grandma in front of our garage -turned- barn-door.







and the grub at the saloon.
Brigham was pretty excited about the beef jerky...
and we had pulled pork, baked beans, potato salad, home made cole slaw, corn dogs and bbq chips.



everything was super yummy. and I paid for it later with mucho heart burn.






here is the dessert table. I made the horseshoe cake , vanilla w/ chocolate butter cream icing
and the cupcakes were a overly moist chocolate w/ butter cream icing.
The kids all loved the cupcakes, pretty much because of the horses on top!
and the moms enjoyed the green icing on all their mouths!
of course we had trail mix too.




a pic of Brigham with his friend Gabby. We had several straw bales set out for authentic seating in the back yard..




and last minute drawing for "pin the hat on the cowgirl" game.





the birthday girl, getting into her gifts.
she got lots of girly girl things.




bubbles, and balls, and musical(LOUD) instruments.




one of the kids , Andrew, came decked out in boots and holster. Tatum swiped his gun, and amazingly knew just what to do with it!!
pretty cute.




and Brigham had decided that all of Tatum's birthday presents were community toys.
case in point, the pretty purple princess earrings from her dress up kit.
I think it looks a tad "brokeback" mountain-ish, don't ya think?




here is the family helping her blow out her candles


another pic of the cake. for all of you who know I love to make cakes.. you'll notice I went super easy on this one. Did not want to have mucho heartburn, and carpel tunnel from using my piping bag.. lol




oh, and these yummy haystacks were on the dessert table too.
super easy to make, and soooo good.
butterscotch chips, a little oil, and chow mien noodles.

******


well.. that completes the tour of the celebration at the Miller homestead !!
we had perfect weather, perfect friends, and Tatum could not have had more fun.
(though I am pretty sure, she had no clue it was all for her!!)
Sunday, we celebrated a low key mother's day.. but I'll post pics in my next post.
(hopefully it will be sooner then a week from now. gotta get back into regularly scheduled blogging.)

8 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Looks like a day of the most memories!!!! I just adore all the pics and boy, so I ever wish I were there to eat!!!! Yummy!!! Have a wonderful Tuesday!

Lisa said...

Yehaw! That looks like so much fun! (Sorry, but I couldn't help myself...lol!) The pics are amazing! Of course you have a beautiful family to photograph! You did a fantastic job with this party! And even if Tatum doesn't know that it is all for her right now, she will most certainly one day look back at the pictures and know how much she is loved!!!

Lisa said...

Hi! Me again! I just had a good laugh when I read the "BTW" part of your comment on my post. The "stories you might be interested in" comment. I just added that today. One of my blogging friends asked about how to add that earlier today and my response was EXACTLY like yours...I had seen in it on a typepad blog and thought it was cool but never knew blogger could do it! How funny! Great minds must think alike, huh?

If you want to know how, it is way too easy. Go to my blog and just under the stories is a link called LinkWithin. Click on it and it will take you to a site that will automatically add it to your blog. Easy peasy! No signing up for anything and it's free. Let me know if you have any questions!

Ann said...

Happy Birthday, Tatum! Looks like a great party!

Emily said...

Wow! So very cute . . . I must admit that I had a pair of red boots when I was 2-3 yrs old that my parents couldn't get me out of!! I literally wore them with EVERYTHING and they actually let me!! Tatum in her boots reminded me of them. Tatum looks so adorable in the get up. Girls are something else!! : ) Very cute party!

Heather Crawford said...

GIRL! That party was AWESOME..noticed all the little touches..you are so good at that..a girl after my OWN heart..sigh...That picture of T with the stuffed horse..be still my heart..so adorable!!!! love the family shot of you guys with her blowing out her candles!

Just really impressed at all you did, Superwoman!.. and wish I could have been there! ha!

Gotta link ya up on my blog so people can come look!

Getting ready to post pics of the shower we had last night..

Heather

cynthia said...

girl...that was too cute! i immediately noticed that you had "pie plates" ?? for everyone! that was such a great idea!

everything looked amazing! that cake was super!

Nicole said...

Oh my goodness... What an awesome birthday party! WOW!!! You are totally Martha Stewart... Your children are so blessed to have these awesome celebrations! You go girl! Hope all is well... I know you are counting down - not much longer until Baby arrives! Hang in there. Hugs to you sweet friend!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin