Tuesday, June 17, 2008

two great men




I am so thankful for the love you show to me. For the laughter you brought me as a child with your silly voices. For the countless hours you spent teaching and coaching my softball teams. The support you gave me throughout my musicals. The encouragement you gave me when I was too scared to try out for Purduettes. The beaming sense of pride you had for me, when I made it! For the christian upbringing you gave me.

Thank you for the talks as you drove me back to the dorms every sunday night. Thanks for the time you put into typing up (a lot) of my college papers! Thank you for always standing behind me, even if what you think I did was wrong. Thanks for listening. Thanks for not judging. Thanks for giving advice, even when it may be hard for me to hear. Thanks for the time you spend with my kids. Thanks for the laughter that you bring to them.


For the time you are willing to spend with them(even when you may have to change a diaper!).


I am so grateful to have you as a father. You are a wonderful man of God and I am so proud to see the fruits of your patient waiting come to happen. You deserve it! I love you dad.





And to this man. I am so glad to have you in my life. I am thankful for all you do for me. For the countless hours spent listening to my stories. For your paitence, when I give you too much detail. For your encouragement when I am going through tough times. Thank you for listening. Thank you for not judging. Thanks for giving me advice , even when its hard for me to hear. Thanks for helping me figure things out. Thanks for always loving me. For going along with me to things that make you uncomfortable, just because you want to see me happy. Thank you for you willingness to help around the house. For cooking. For doing dishes. For cleaning toilets. Thanks for the humor that you bring into our household. Thanks for your drive to make our family succeed, even when times get tough. Thank you for being such an awesome father. For spending so much time with the kids. For countless hours you spend teaching. For playing. For changing diapers(for a whole 9 months straight LOL). Thanks for putting up with my indesisiveness. For lifting me up. For your constant compliments, even when I don't want to hear it.For your hard work(always working 2 jobs) in providing for our family. For not being selfish.

I am so grateful to God for bringing you to me. You are the perfect compliment for me. I am so excited to see your desire to grow in Christ and lead your family with Jesus in the center.

I am so proud of you. I love you!

2 comments:

Janette said...

AWE Elizabeth you gave me a few tears. Such sweet words for the most important men in your life. Isn't God good? He provides so much to us and gives us loving men in our lives.

Love that family photo. WOW your hubby has such blue eyes. No wonder the kids both have blue eyes. Mind you usually brown wins over blue. BUT my Mom has brown and my Dad blue. Two out of three kids have blue eyes. I think you need another baby and try for the brown. BUT don't get me wrong the blue is cute on them. Okay enough of the eyes.

Hey I love your new bob cut. VERY cute my friend.

So I saw you were in Amish country the weekend before us. How far away is that for you? It took us about 6 hours. Maybe one day we should meet up in the area. =) Hubby and I had fun in Canton Ohio, doing lots of shopping in the Mall and outlet stores! ;)

Have a great day. Hugs!

scrapfriendzy said...

Elizabeth!! Awww....your blog post is soo sweet! You should totally be a writer! lol Love the new photos, including your avatar!!! You look great! Such a good pic of you! :) have a great day girlie!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin