Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Words on Wednesday

kids just say the funniest things right?
like when we walked out the door for some one's first day of school.... as a first grader-

Brigham " hey mom, you don't have to walk me to the bus stop anymore, because I am a big kid now. I am in first grade and I know all the rules ". BWAHHH. got to love him.

maybe I'll still be walking him to the bus stop when he is 16, b/c of course he won't have his license to drive himself... (I can't even imagine..) so for now, I'll be content and happy knowing that he still gets excited over monogramming his back pack! =) We upgraded the letters for this year, but its still the same pack... bought it big for K-garten on purpose, so he'd get a few years out of it.
at the bus stop Brigham says to a friend " oh, you got a new backpack, I like it.".. girl says "yep", Brig says ", I just have the same one and its ripping a little bit ". I know way to rub it in kid.. lol- and to clarify, it has a barely even worn thru little spot on the bottom corner where he would drag it on the ground. It has lots of life left in it =)

Quote from Brigham as he walks in the door after his first day " oh, mom... it smells like cupcakes.. or maybe cookies... oh.. I bet its my first after school snack, right?"
who does he expect I am , Martha Stewart? well... I tried and on a total whim, made up this giant Reece's (his fave) cookie and frosted it. I know I scored big brownie.. er.. cookie points with him on this one.
And another funny from today.. after school, I took the kids to the library and Brigham starts talking about who he is going to vote for next. I asked him what he meant and he said "
well, remember last year I voted for O-Rock-O-Rama.
yes, yes.. you did...
but he said this year he wants to vote for God.
well.. good choice. and it made me think back to this post.. and how much has changed, or stayed the same.. and awwwww. look at my cutie -head Tater girl.
Can't believe I am getting ready to send her off to school as well in a few weeks.
Well those were some of the words of entertainment in our home this week.. what were yours?

5 comments:

Natalie at Mommy on Fire said...

Amen to voting for God!

What a sweet pea, Elizabeth! How fun to have a "big bad first grader" in your midst!

Blessings to you this week!

Debby Carroll said...

O Rock O Rama. That's a hoot. You are so right, he is adorable. Your blog is fun. Don't get comment-discouraged. Keep writing, keep surfing other blogs and comment on those. Folks will return the love!

Shelle said...

He is adorable! Glad he is enjoying first grade!! Great job on the frosted cookie, mama!

Melissa said...

OH, what a sweet boy! I like voting for God...sounds like something my sweet 7 year old boy would say.

MaricrisG said...

I tell you these kids have their own minds! My 6yo is the same way but they're still cute as ever - no matter what!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin